03-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
koruptor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Per the owner's manual, the auto dimming mirror on the Roadster has the light sensor (rear-facing) on the top lip of the mirror housing and the Coupe has the light sensor on the bottom lip of the housing (near the clown nose). However, in my Coupe, the light sensor is on the top lip. I'm trying to figure out if my car was built with the wrong mirror, or if BMW planned on having different mirrors for the Coupe and Roadster, wrote the manual that way, but then ended up just using the same mirror for both the Coupe and Roadster.

I know, 1st world problem, but I'm thinking it affects the speed at which the Coupe switches to dim mode. Any insight is appreciated.
Not sure what year your coupe is, but when I look mine up on RealOEM there seems to have been a few mirror options. I believe the auto-dimming mirror is #1 in that diagram (sensor on top lip). I actually have mirror #2 in my coupe, so I have to manually rotate the clown nose to dim mine.

Can you include a picture of your mirror for reference?