View Single Post
      03-18-2015, 05:50 AM   #1
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Rear View Mirror

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Per the owner's manual, the auto dimming mirror on the Roadster has the light sensor (rear-facing) on the top lip of the mirror housing and the Coupe has the light sensor on the bottom lip of the housing (near the clown nose). However, in my Coupe, the light sensor is on the top lip. I'm trying to figure out if my car was built with the wrong mirror, or if BMW planned on having different mirrors for the Coupe and Roadster, wrote the manual that way, but then ended up just using the same mirror for both the Coupe and Roadster.

I know, 1st world problem, but I'm thinking it affects the speed at which the Coupe switches to dim mode. Any insight is appreciated.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0