View Single Post
      08-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #20
BBBold
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0si roadster

I just took of my soft-top alone in my home garage.
Thanks Shipkiller, I just followed his " procedure"
My 2006 Z4 still having the "old " 54347016893 hydro pump, now you replace it by the 54347193448 pump if I understood well.

A friend that have a garage ( audi VW) will ask in BMW store how much its cost etc and buy the bits, he has some % reduce in the final price.
I let you know tomorrow.

concerning the works, well sometimes its a bit difficult because you have your body like doing Yoga, beside that its nothing really complicated.
I took pictures, because its the best memory, so when I will put all back I will watch the pictures and be sure doing the right thing.
some pics from today afternoon ( its now here 12:17 AM luxembourg)

The sound box externally was looking not bad at all almost as new, I had even a dough if was really the electrical motor of the pump that had a default, but when I open it... rust water came out and I understood directly. the electrical motor was dead.

How BMW could do such a mistake?? its so easy to make a water proof box.
Also nothing was blocking my both drains ( one each side ) they where all clean even the way down, but if you take a bottle of water and put on, you see that the drain its too small and so it takes a bit time to empty which means that if you go to a car wash or if you wash your car your self or if it rains quite a lot, that drain part its always almost half full, means the hydraulic pump its under water
That's also very stupid from BMW to design such a small drain for such gap

Some people though that having the drains clean will erase the problem with the Hydro pump, well I just can say that unfortunately, its not the case.
Also, my roof was working fine without showing any default, always fast opening or closing. And Friday I closed before park the car in the garage, all perfect, and the next day I try to open and nothing, it just opened almost until half the way very slowly and I could listen the motor and suddenly it just stopped - dead!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0