Thread: Suspension feel
View Single Post
      07-06-2017, 02:39 PM   #14
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
OK - as crazy as it sounds - I put new treads up front and that did seem to fix the "windy" feeling at high speed. I took it on 2-3 hour long cruises and that feeling seems to have gone away - at least mostly. It may be gone and I am just hyper sensitive to it now that I am tuned into it. It definitely helped a bunch though.

I still feel like the side to side on quick changes is not what it used to be. I just don't trust it like I did - after the shocks and springs and front bushings and getting rid of the run flats it was planted and I would dive in on any corner with confidence. Now I am very hesitant. Might just need to learn to trust it again.

I'll give a bit more and then look into the subframe bushings harder if need be I guess. Everything looks good and clean under there - even the RTAB's that came out and are supposed to be smoked at this mileage looked great and solid.

Anyway - thanks for the tip on the tires - I would have never thought of that in a million years would make that feeling.

Appreciate it.