View Single Post
      06-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Suspension feel

OK - I spent the weekend changing out my RTAB and rear sway bushings and now the car is at the shop being aligned. I will reserve judgment until after the alignment is done, but on the way in the feeling I was trying to fix still seemed to be there.

I have owned this car for 4 years and put 30K on it and this is a new feeling unless it is in my head.

I have added since I had it:

FCAB - powerflex purple
Front sway bushings - powerflex purple
got rid of run flats
H&R springs and Blistein shocks

After all this the car felt tight as a drum and drove perfect to me for years.

Now I have been experiencing a little high speed rear end wander - like driving on a windy day to a slight degree - which is 100% the description of RTAB. Also when you steer left and right quickly at speed (like avoiding a turtle in the road) the car used to feel like it moved as one solid unit, but now it seems (at least in my mind) like the front is dragging the rear a little. kind of like a whip.

Put in RTAB and rear sways this weekend and even they looked good when I took them out. I know there is a ton of other bushings back there, but everything I saw looked good.

Tire pressure is balls on.

Any other usual suspects I should be looking for? Something I am not thinking of?