03-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #85
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
Congrats on the software! Does you car have some surging (thats the best word I can use to describe it) between 3100-3800ish? I put the headers on and while I have no check engine lights it seems like the car is pulling timing until it hit 4000rpm then it takes off like a bat out of hell.

O-Cha or anybody else out there have some ideas? Is this normal or is this all in my head? I thought it might have been a leak so I went and re tightened all the nuts holding the headers on and I used all OEM gaskets. The only thing I can think that is causing this, if it isn't normal, is something I did with the front pre-cat 02 sensor. I didn't like how the top of the front pre-cat 02 sensor contacted the the rear header just slightly so I went and had the bung moved to the left a bit so there were no contact issues. I used one of the caps that came with the headers to cap the old bung. Could this be causing weird flow issues in the header and making the 02 sensor act funny? I only get the surge in 3rd gear usually when I try a ful throttle pull from 3,000rpm and maybe alittle in second gear from the same rpm. If I do a full throttle run in first no problems at all. I think this might all just be in my head but any advice anybody can give would be nice.
like a surge of power??