View Single Post
      07-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
9InchPianist
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4 2.5Si Roadster

Question Intermittent power loss & sluggish throttle response

Evening all!

It's been a while since I've frequented the boards (probably not since I had my E91 3 er actually!).

Anyway, straight down to business...

In the 6 months that I've had my '56 plate (Dec 2006) E85 2.5si Roadster, I've had probably no more than 6 instances of this problem which the dealer so far is unable to resolve as no faults seem to be logged, no warning lights on the dash etc...

The symptoms are as follows:

Whilst driving along there will be a slight jerk (which is more noticeable if I'm accelerating at the time) after which there is a noticeable lack of power and the throttle response becomes incredibly sloppy.

If I 'blip' the throttle at idle, the car hesitantly raises and lowers the RPM.

If I turn off the ignitiion and back on again, all is well again until the next time it randomly decides to do it again, at which point it's CTRL + ALT + DELETE time again

I've booked my car back in to Stratstone in Derby but suspect that they won't be able to find fault again.

Looking for any inspiration / thoughts as to what might be wrong - the fault doesn't really annoy me too much it's just a bit irritating and I'm worried that it may be a sign of something more fundamentally wrong.

9IP.

I've now managed to capture some video of the problem, either scroll down this thread to view or click here.

Last edited by 9InchPianist; 07-11-2011 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0