View Single Post
      06-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #18
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Great pics, OP. You were lucky to have a full mini-museum accessible on the ground floor; when I visited last fall there were only two cars there: a 918 and an ultra-rare, EU-licensed, street-legal 910. (The latter was enough for me for personal reasons. )

Also, FYI for everyone: You don't have to own a Porsche to do a PEC Driving Experience. Anyone can do it (Reservations are required, though -- PEC Atlanta security is tight since the facility doubles as Porsche NA HQ).

I did PEC Atlanta a month after taking delivery of my 718 last fall. I drive the car from Dallas to Atlanta and back for it (and to visit a few friends along the way). I did the 718 Cayman driving experience (massively fun: The PEC Atlanta track may be short but it's very technical), but wanted to also do the one you did, OP.

PEC Atlanta's only been open for about three years, I think, so it's basically brand new. It's in the northeast corner of HJA -- right now the world's busiest airport -- and the complex just opened a neighboring hotel, which is an important note because HJA is decidedly not in the best part of town. That said, the facility is immaculate ...

... but the kicker for me was visiting the Barber Motorsports Park on the drive back and catching a Porsche Driving School session wrapping up. I was just as excited to see that as I was to see the motorcycle collection at the museum there!
Appreciate 0