03-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
jdl1pt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M coupe 2007 IL Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post

3. What tools would you buy?

That list was perfect. I'm a fan of Craftsman. I bought one of the $700 sets and it came with almost every socket in the universe, plus a ton of hand tools. I bought a $400 costco stainless steel toolbox and it works great. Of course I've added some speciality tools along the way, but I'm pretty much set for life now. I know Snap-On and Matco make better quality but the prices really go through the roof. I have yet to break any of my Craftsman tools, but if/when I do I walk in and out of Sears.

If you're in NorCal Bay Area let me know and we can meet up. My garage is open to family!
Great list all, it will be a big help when moving out of warrantee coverage.

+1 for Craftsman tools. My father had a a socket break on him a few years back. The thing must have been 40 years old...I believe it was his fathers. We walk into Sears together and he hands the broken socket to an employee. The employee goes to the shelf, picks out a new one, hands it to my father, and we walk out, no questions asked. Hard to imaging "lifetime" actually meaning "lifetime" these days, but when it comes to Craftsman hand tools it's just that. Now their power tools...that's a completely different story.

To the OP, and anyone in the bay area. I bought a pressure bleeder earlier this year and if anyone needs to borrow one, let me know. It gets used infrequently, I'm happy to share and save folks a few bucks.

|OEM Strut bar|ZHP Knob lighted|RPI Scoop|Zeckhausen Modified CDV|DIY Clutch Stop|Camber shim kit|
Appreciate 0