11-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #70
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikamak View Post
Why don't you guys swap a proper LSD unit while you're in there. the stock unit is ridiculous ...

Wheel speed difference driven pump is as far away from racing as you can think... diffsonline for example sells E39 M5 40% lock LSD for a reasonable offer ...

http://diffsonline.com/rebuilt-210mm...clutch-40.html
1200$

This is something that will change the car's character
Out of ignorance, I normally wouldn't agree to invest in such an expensive mod so easily, but after having swapped my entire diff out (for other different reasons), I can attest to this being fact. My new upgraded unit helps put power down EXTREMELY well. I thought my car handled well to begin with, but with the new diff, it stuck like glue; even with 440RWHP!

Another option is Jim Blanton @ Performance Gearing. I'm huge on customer service, and PG blew me away with the seamless process. I told Jim that my car was a daily driver and I wanted minimal downtime. He worked with me to have my new diff shipped on time and within budget scope, as well as gave me a whole month's time if needed to return the core unit for some cost savings. Everything was done within 1 week. Can't really get much better than that!
Appreciate 0