View Single Post
      07-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #20
Mueller944s2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '90 Porsche 941, Z4 Roadster

Here's my 2 cents. I'm 21. I've had my Porsche for 6 years now and absolutely love it! Almost 2 years ago my mom was looking for a sports car and so I ended up choosing the Z4 my dad bought for her. I thought they were gorgeous cars, still do, stunningly beautiful! It's not an M, it's the 2.5L, but it's quick and easy on the eyes.
That being said, and this is just my opinion, the Porsche is a better car in every possible way. After a couple hours in the BMW my back is killing me and my friends are in pain a well. The Porsche is light years faster and it's 22 years old, it gets more looks and compliments, and after driving across the Gulf Coast the thing is so comfortable that I just don't want to get out, so I get in and drive somewhere else! I remember when my dad brought home his 1986 Porsche and a guy in a Z4 tried to race off the light, needless to say we blew him so far off the road we're still laughing about it 4 years later.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Z4, I really do, and the ones I was talking about weren't Ms as far as I know so what you're thinking of is faster of course, but if the Mercedes is your daily car I would stick with it. But like I said I love the Z4, I chose it and 2 years later I'm still happy with the decision, in fact I just drove it from Wahington DC to New Orleans!
Now, also my opinion, if you were to track the car I would say the Z4 would be superb! It just grips the road. Hell, it sticks it's claws in the road and doesn't let go! It's small and lightweight so you can throw it around corners, very easy car to drive fast!
Appreciate 0