07-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Gregoryse
Private
Malta
Rep
Drives: wiesmannGT5

Unhappy Help me decide. :(

Hi everybody!

It's a pleasure to finally create a account here, even if it was a PAIN IN THE ASS to do so. Since the site thought I was using some kind of bot IP or something it claimed I was behind a proxy and that I had other intentions with my account.... So I had to use my torrent proxy just to register and make the site think I lived in france......

Anyhow, I'm here now, after years of lurking without an actuall account.

I've driven a 2.8 z3 coupe before, I had a blast with that car. The handling was great, and the engine was really impressing even though it wasn't a 3.2. I always liked BMW, the feel for quality and driving pleasure, oh and the great communities just like this one or the mboards... is great.

I've always dreamed about a z4m (coupe of course..), I've sat in some of them (never driven one yet) and the interior and the small steering wheel with the "rubber" feel... the carbon interior... It's always been so great in my eyes. And, theres so much that I can do with it, brakes... suspension and by changing seats for some recaro ones doesnt really lower the "looks" either in a car like this. What I mean is, there are so much possibilities with this car much because of the huge communities.

After a year I felt like my z3 coupe was getting old. I loved the car, the curves made me wet sometimes! But honestly, it was now 13 years old. I started to search for a new car. I always had a eye on a z4m coupe. I was so close one time but unfortunately the car dealer that had it was a moron, but thats another story.

Okay okay.. I shall get to the point.... I bought a 2007 Mercedes SLK 55 AMG, 360 BHP 5.5L V8, convertible. It's 7 gear automatic with paddles on the steering wheel, 0-60 in 4.9s. Had the car for 3 months.... Custom exhaust sounds like a BEAST.

But I'm not feeling good about this. I love the slk 55 somehow, thats a car people look at, and it's a fast car. However... It's a old man's car... right? Is this a car a 20 year old should drive...? I can't take that to a track...... I cant even disable ESP in it... And to be honest, I can't do much to it either. Why would I replace the 340 mm 6 piston AMG brakes that already is on it.... Why would I put recaro seats in it... I can't wrap it in carbon fiber foil... it doesnt feel right... lol why would I replace the diffuser or the front lip... It already looks like it does, nothing can be done to it... and it still looks like a old slk 200 or all the other models they've made if you dont count the 4 exhaust pipes and the amg badge on the trunk... Oh and people keep telling me, its luxery and comfort... but come on... I sat more comfortable in the z3.

Still, the slk 55 is a nice car and I like it. Guys seriously it sounds like the voice of god. Being a convertible it's already a better car according to my parents (that often borrows it when I don't use it... with their grey hair.) or the girlfriend.

I've spotted a black 2007 z4m coupe, 7000 miles on it... carbon interior with all the extras... Fuck... what if I buy it and get disappointed in some day and start missing the slk.... I'm going to look at the z4 on monday and see how it feels. Perhaps they let me test drive it if the weather allows it, since its pretty rare with those miles on it I doubt they will especially with the poor weather we have here in Sweden at the moment. I think the reason for why I feel this way is cause I've never driven the z4. I really don't want to get disappointed when it comes to power. The bad thing is that I'm getting used to the v8 in the SLK by every day that passes. But then I'm thinking, what the heck, I'm still going to put in a ESS supercharger and full supersprint exhausts...

I'm feeling retarded writing this. I keep writing and writing.... I have a nice car why would I bother messing about changing car already and to loose 14000 USD upon doing so...

Sorry by making you read all of this.

Best regards, Greg.

Last edited by Gregoryse; 07-10-2012 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0