View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 12:32 PM   #4
kk7ds
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM101 View Post
We have mice get into our home periodically. From what I've read they can squeeze into a hole nearly as small as a pencil, so I doubt you can stop entry.
Yeah, I know this is the case, I just don't know why they're choosing the Z instead of the M (repeatedly) so I figured there might be something obvious. Perhaps it being so much closer to the ground is a factor.

Quote:
Try to trap them before they enter the car. They are very attracted to peanut butter. I bought a box of 12 reusable traps from Amazon for less than $25. Using the peanut butter I caught 10 in the attic of our garage in 1 week. They are at least temporarily gone, but they'll be back.
I should have mentioned: after the first incident we put down glue traps around the vehicles and we occasionally catch a mouse in one. We don't bait them because I guess it seems like an invitation to come into our unit that we don't otherwise want. If it was my house, I'd be able to change them out frequently enough that baiting could significantly reduce the population, but I figure with a big storage area, there's really no end to the source of available mice and thus encouraging them to come near the car is not going to help.

We also don't have access to power inside the unit and can't make any modifications to it (such as the suggestion about the door seal).
Appreciate 0