View Single Post
      11-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #36
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Ah, another great one! The bridge at the end, and the story, reminded me a bit of good ol' Washington Irving (The Legend of Sleepy Hollow), but with you doing the chasing--which was probably for the best! I love the driving commentary--trail braking, ABS chattering--yes, great stuff!

That picture of the sunset/clouds, and the blue heron, well, heck, all of it, it's simply wonderful. The blue heron reminds me of the last one I saw in Wyoming, about 12" from our windshield. He flew right across our path, and fortunately the air current and turbulence pattern created a what I think must have been a buffer, and he continued on his way, as did we (although my heart skipped many a beat). They have quiet a wingspan!

Thanks Rick!

I couldn't agree more. The memories that we make, friendships that we create, our connection to our cars and to others who share our passion--that is what makes them special indeed. My car has taken me places I never expected to be, and connected me with a lot of wonderful people as well (many on this forum in fact).
Finnegan,

Glad you enjoyed the trip report, including the tall tale at the end! Perhaps a headless SLK driver would have been better...

Regarding your near-miss with the Great Blue Heron, I suspect that his (or her) heartbeat probably missed a few as well! On time on a drive, a GBH flew right along the road ahead of me, only about 15 feet in the air. I clocked him at over 30 mph, and I don't think he was trying all that hard.

Rick
Appreciate 0