View Single Post
      11-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #1
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Clutch Rattling Noise?

Hey everyone. So my other car's (2001 Volvo V40) clutch just blew up while I was on the highway. Now I'm hypersensitive to noises...The other day I just noticed this noise coming from my car. The car is at idle and I hear this any time I'm in neutral with the clutch disengaged.

The video doesn't really do it justice, but the louder parts are with the clutch pedal out/disengaged and it gets quieter when I push the pedal in. I've got the phone on the left side of the trans hump then around 12 seconds switch to the right side (in case the mic didn't pick it up for some reason).

The car shifts fine, gets into gear fine, doesn't slip or anything but like I said, hypersensitive to new noises...

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I blame the clutch assembly since the noise goes away when I press the pedal. I don't have expert troubleshooting skills and since I'm in England I don't want to take it to a shop and pay in pounds for what may be nothing. Is there any way to figure this out without paying out the wazoo for new clutch/plate/bushing/whatever it is? How much does this type of maintenance usually run with Indy shops? Just so I have an idea.

Thanks!!