View Single Post
      06-15-2015, 09:24 PM   #28
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

after George, I probably put the most miles on my Z4m ESS-VT2-525 kit. About 40-50k miles on it, with the car at 87k miles now.

With a supercharger, you can get the top ESS or VF kit, and then add 2-3 more psi with custom pulleys, injectors, and tune, and be pretty close to 475rwp in the cold. The kits are very ambient temperature sensitive, feels like a 50hp difference between 40* ambient and 90* ambient honestly.

Now with about 430rwhp, 1st gear you can put down 50% throttle. 2nd gear you can put down 90% of it. 3rd gear 100%. This is on 275/35/18 Bridgestone RE-11 tires, that I've cut a 1.86s 60 foot time. Your quarter mile times will be high 11s if you're a great drive, or low 12s. A car that will hang with a stock new Stingray.

So thats what you can expect with a well tuned, top end of the supercharger kits.
1st gear - super fun, very short, an excercise in restraint
2nd gear - wow much fun, just enough slip to make it fun, but accelerate strong. Punch it at 4,000rpm and you'll get a kick in the chest up to 8,000rpm. Most impressive gear
3rd gear - long weightless feeling of acceleration, not as punchy unless you're in sport mode. Kinda exciting, but not scary
4th gear - smooth power, pulls decently from 80-120 or so. Nice for highway pulls because you don't have to shift. Dispatches many V8 sports cars. Not scary. Not punchy acceleration. No kick in the pants

With a turbo, I'd think the first 2 gears would be like 50% power, 3rd gear 75% power, and strong punchy torque in 4th gear. Definitely more kick up in highway speeds, but a lot less usable on the street. I sometimes wish I had more "scary" power on the highway, but I don't want to spend another $30k to get it.