12-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian915 View Post
I give you props dude. Personally, I would by the RPI that has proven gains. I dont think its stealing unless you are out there making money out of it like what aFe did.
So Supersprint makes headers for our cars, and now Rogue Engineering, Technik and ebay brands all make headers for our cars.

So everyone is ripping off Supersprint??

Mother F**K. It's called competition. Without it, you'd be paying $1000 for a strip of metal bent into a shovel.

Intel makes CPU's. *Gasp* AMD makes CPU's!! *OH MAH GAWD!! AMD is ripping off Intel?!?

Seriously, grow a brain.

There's nothing wrong with similar products and a little competition. Competition between manufacturers benefits YOU, the consumer! By providing you with options and keeping manufacturers from price gouging.

Without AMD, you'd be paying Intel $1000 for a Celeron CPU and 10's of thousands for a Xeon.

The same holds for any other company willing to market products down the same alley.

If it's patented, then that's a different story. But last I checked, a scoop that directs air is nothing new. Is RPI stealing Dinan's idea? They had the product first... no.. guess not. Cuz a plastic tube and a metal plate that do the same thing are different products??

Props to RPI for bending a metal plate and doing the dyno testing. Sucks if someone else comes along and makes them to sell at half the price. But unless company B's product is exactly the same and a clear violation of any copyright or patent laws, tough bananas. That's business. Deal with it.
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0