View Single Post
      10-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
mtrhed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 AW Z4MR/w211 e63 AMG/325XiT

At the bottom of each knob there is a small strut which runs to the side of the knob and is connected with a push pin rivet.
Pull pin out of rivet and remove. This frees the strut.
Now pull straight back on the knob. It is connected to a thin rod which attaches the bottom of the shelf hinge to the plastic piece which sits atop the rear shock mount. The bottom of the hinge is now free.
The top of the hinge clips into the bottom sides of the shelf. Carefully "pop" the hinge out of these clips.
The hinge carrier(plastic piece which sits atop shock mount) has a 10mm bolt at it's front(by front I mean towards the front of car). It is held at rear by a torx bolt(27 or 30?) and a push pin rivet on top.
Once all fasteners have been removed hinge carrier can be removed by pulling in and back and up. It's kind of a pain and needs to be finnaggled up over the shock mount and the other plastic dome that caps it.

I ended up removing both plastic "domes" with a dremel and snips so I am able to access the adjustment knobs on my new shocks from the interior with top up and the shelf reassembled.
Just took my time, lots of light, try not to break anything, and make sure front tab on shelf is in it's slot so it hits the micro switch.

HTH's
Anthracite Apex EC-7 9F/9.5R, 245/275 Super Sport's, 17" Kosei K1 255/40r17 Direzza II, SS Lines, Pagid RS29, Ate SuperBlue, VT Comp. MM's, RE trans. mounts, AST 4150, Swift springs, Vorschlag camber plates, RE RSM, H&R swaybars, spherical rtabs, SuperFlex poly fcabs, StrongStrut Braces, Euro Headers, Stromung exhaust, ESS Tune, Eventuri intake
Appreciate 0