View Single Post
      05-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #60
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Yeah, I've been cushioning the fall for a couple weeks now. I actually think this helped in cracking part number 54-31-7-056-282 Windshield504 List is $ 282.50, Sr Parts Manager felt bad about me having to come in 4 times/2 different parts guys out to look at screws/bolts ( one of which was him the FIRST time ) just for me to get my ONE missing screw/bolt ! So he can come down to $ 225 out the door. I'm now stopping the drop by easing the button control as it gets close to closing, then for the last inch or so, I reach up on the DS metal linkage and ease it down slowly. I'd like to be able to do that on both sides, but without 3 arms, or an extra person...impossible. My AM fix seems OK, drove the car all afternoon, up and down 3 times. Only visible, during open/close, so it's not killing me, but I will want the previously mentioned part at some point.

Yousefnjr- yeah, if the right situation happened, local junkyard gets in a Z4, maybe totaled and had been well maintained, I MIGHT find one worth installing. Plus I do see cars getting parted out on here, for the right price I MIGHT consider it. I really think I'll be purchasing a new one. Funny thing : Parts Manager says " we keep those in stock, people are always breaking them " ... they probably don't realize the tension straps are shot, so it's just going to happen again.

Quoted me Lt $36.80 Rt $37.03 Mounting hardware $9.73 Now I'm wondering what kinda shape the plastic is in they connect to as mentioned by Yousefnjr.

Thanks for the feedback...my blood pressure shot up over this whole thing this AM