08-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #17
TurboDream17
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkle View Post
We looked into that. Storage shelf is a bit too small without modifying/cutting into it. I honestly never get why anyone would want to use the built in navigation - calling it antiquated is an understatement compared to what we have on our phones.
Definitely true -- I've never once used the built in nav and always end up using my phone. However it would be a nice backup in case your phone battery died, and it seems kind of silly to have a huge pop up screen in the middle of your dash and not have the ability to do anything with it.

So, if we were willing to give up the DVD/nav, we could potentially mount an aftermarket HU in its place, wire it up for steering wheel control, and leave the stock HU in the dash for aesthetics. Still doesn't sound too bad really.
///M Coupe - Volk TE37's 19x10.5R +22 19x8.5F +30 | KW V3 w/ Clubsport rear springs | RPi exhaust | Autosolutions SSK | RE transmission mounts | RE RSM's | Vibra-Technics engine mounts | RPi scoop | RPi skid plates | Tekarbon spoiler | Apex wheel studs | Blox burnt titanium lug nuts | UUC Front 27mm Swaybarbarian | Status Gruppe adjustable front links | EAS Blacked out kidneys | Full Beisan Vanos Refresh
Appreciate 0