View Single Post
      06-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster

I used the Sonax product after my first ever track day (wheels were nasty) and it was amazing how well it removed 90% of the gunk, without using a muscle. Still had to use a brush and then a small sponge to get in the nooks and crannies, but it did much of the hard work for me.

New question...after the wheel is dry I spray it with Meguiar's brake dust repellant product. It does the job ok, but I notice later after driving that it seems to "bake on" small traces of dirt in the nooks and crannies of the wheel. This isn't dirt that was there when I first applied the repellant product, but somehow new dirt seems to get almost baked on. What I mean by that is that the new dirt doesn't come off easily with Sonax, a wheel cleaning brush nor hand washing. I almost feel like I need to use a fine steel wool to get it off, though I would never do so! I'm not positive the Meguiars product is to blame, but if I DON'T use the repellant product then the wheels seem to clean up much easier next time...though obviously they get dirty faster.

Thoughts on what to use to repel brake dust? I'm not ready to invest in ceramic pads if that reduces dust.
Appreciate 0