View Single Post
      02-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
zMpower08
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Sportline

Removed the SSK

After being stranded in Pittsburgh at 1 am due to the shifter linkage coming apart a few weeks ago, and then being charged $426 to replace a 75 cent clip because I desperately need it fixed that day and didn't have access to a lift, I have decided to remove the RE SSK.

As I mentioned earlier, the kit touches the drive shaft in reverse and the noise has gotten progressively louder it seems. The kit has also become progressively sloppier as it seems to be loosening. RE said the contact is normal "at extreme angles" and after asking for the clearance specs between the bottom of the shifter and the shaft I stopped receiving a response from their company. The dealer (A&L Motors in Pittsburgh) told me that the clip most likely loosened due to the contact and vibrations--RE denies that this is a possibility. Obviously did not have a pleasant experience with the company...

A couple hours and $2.00 later, I have the stock shifter back in the car.
Attached Images