Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 2003 3.0 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
taking it out and apart is actually pretty easy,

You remove the entire speedo with one little bolt,
Look at the top of the speedo housing, in the middle you will see one torx bolt, T25 I think?

Remove that and then you can wiggle the speedo out,
Helps if you have the steering wheel pulled out and down, There is one or two electrical connectors in the back of the speedo, they are pretty simple to remove,

Then you need a smaller torx driver to take apart the speedo housing, somewhere between 6 and 10, Its been a while but again this isn't too hard,
I remember the plastic clips after you have removed the torx screws being harder to seperate,

Then the front of the speedo with the 2 plastic lenses your trying to clean will pull away and you can clean them

I would have loved to guide you with pictures but I don't need to take mine out so your gonna just have to figure it out with words

But its really not hard at all!
Well I got the speedo out, but I have only one connector a white one which I tried to slightly lift and push over the tab it wont budge and since its plastic the last thing I want to do is bust it. I know this is not rocket science but would someone please give me a tip, I just don't want to break anything getting that electrical connector lock off

Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0