View Single Post
      03-22-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
Ryan13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, Z4MR, M3, E36, M2, 535

I've seen the categories and ratings on Tire Rack as well. I've also read posts on the M5 and M3 boards stating that they are a pretty good comparison to the PSS. I'm not sure any of the respondents were using them on the track.

I would expect the performance to be a little less...but how much and to what extent is the question(s). 235 front and 265 rear priced out about $200 less than the PSS. Am I concerned about $200...no. I just want to know if anyone has a qualifying opinion. I run 3 sports cars...they may be a good option for one of the roadsters if not on the track. With my extremely limited experience with setting up and maintaining a track car, and virtually no drive-time of my own, I'm trying to make the right investments for maximum return. If the tires hold up similar to the PSS in a track environment, I may be willing to trade a 1 second differential for $200 savings.

Like I said, I purchased the PSS. My current delimna is that I have new 225/255 PS2 on the coupe now. I wanted the increased size and the PSS seems to have a better wear and heat cycle longevity. So I'm thinking I'll use the PS2 on the street and the larger PSS on the track. The PS2 might return a better on-track performance, but it is softer tire...I'm hoping to get at least 8-10 track sessions from a tire.
Appreciate 0