View Single Post
      07-22-2018, 07:29 AM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I just read the thread referenced. I noticed that early on in the thread I suggested using a smoke test machine to find water leaks. I still highly recommend this procedure. Had the OP in that thread used a smoke test machine he may have averted the several weekends of major disassembly to trace down the leak.

Smoke test machines can be had for under $150 (I have a Stinger brand one), or one can be built using a quart paint can and a few dollars in parts. The cheap smoke test machines use mineral oil as the smoke generating liquid, which is not pleasant to smell, so using it for finding interior leaks may not be the best idea. Using a professional smoke test machine that uses smoke-generating compounds that don't smell would be the better option.

My 2 cents.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0