View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Group Buy: Rear RacingBrake 2-Piece Rotors for Z4M!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
RacingBrake has started a new GB for rear rotors. Those who were in the front rotor GB are eligible for a 20% discount. The new group buy will offer:
  • 15% discount for 5 orders, discounted total will be $785.08 a pair (savings of $138.54)
  • 20% discount for 10 or more orders, discounted total will be $738.90 a pair (savings of $184.72)
The rear rotor weighs in at 12.5 lbs. vs. the stock which is 14.5 lbs. This is with a 2mm thicker rotor ring itself, with a higher heat capacity and wear capacity than stock. Details can be found here about the rotor itself.

RacingBrake will be offering a rear caliper upgrade as well. Other details are not yet available, but it should be a good offer based on the front PU upgrade path. The front caliper upgrade details can be found here (rear will follow; thread will be updated as it develops). The front is a 4 pot lightweight caliper solution, and uses built in seals vs. rubber boots, low offset and other features make it functionaly attractive (as well as good looking).

Note: RB may consider offering a rear upgrade ring in the 348x26 size (E90). Upgrade would require a RB caliper upgrade and different carrier (same as upgrade path for the front). The front rotors and PU caliper upgrade already have a 380x32 and 360x30 (E90 size) option.

I’m strongly considering the 4 pot caliper upgrade, and would really like an upgrade path to the larger rotor ring size for the future. Those who went with the PU upgrade and larger front rotors should chime in on interest for the larger rear rotor ring.

I've added my name to the GB. If you were in on the first GB, you automatically get the 20% discount.

Appreciate 0