03-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #32
SgtGigglebox
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Atacama 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaZeta View Post
I'd agree. The Cayman is a fantastic car, but let's not get carried away here.

It's probably one of the best, or at least top 3, NEW sub-911 cars that you can get for under $90,000. But it is a SPORTS car, not a SUPER car.

Really, just get a 997.2 C2 and add some aftermarket mods. It will still be better, more unique and probably more cost effective than the Cayman.
The super car comment was geared towards it's look. There was always something that I never liked about the boxster, but the 981 "looks" like something different. It looks incredible.

I confused myself . The other comment was based on several non-applicable variables stemming from my last "which car" game. At the time we were only looking at those that "could" sensibly serve as a daily driver and were cars that we liked. The DD aspect killed the GT3 and the body style of the boxster was more favorable than the 911 cab. At some point, between everything involved, the >$170 assessment was made...and stuck in my head. I forgot the backstory to the number.

All that aside, the new Cayman & Boxster have taken a new focal point at Porsche and it shows. Visuals and performance have little to do with their 2012 cousins.
Appreciate 0