10-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #19
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Isn't inspection II the first time the valves are adjusted? Maybe I am thinking of inspection I at 22-25k? I don't think time has anything to do with when the computer tells you a service is due. It is solely based upon fuel usage from my understanding otherwise mine would have said it needed the service long ago. I do my brake/coolant changes based on time(2yr intervals) and 1yr oil changes since I drive so little each year.
Valves are also adjusted at inspection 1, thats what you're thinking off. Inspection 1 is 30k ish and 2 is 60k ish, but they come early with lots of track days, because they're based on gallons of gas used as the primary meeter.

Early for inspection 1 is like 20k, early for inspection 2 is like 40k. Theyres no way you could have inspection 2 before 30k.

And yes, $1200 for inspection 2 should definitley include valve adjustment. Otherwise it would just be them walking around looking at things, and there's no wheres near 12 hours of labor in that.

If you want the valve adjustment done right, do it yourself, or pay someone on here to do it. A shop quoteing $1200 with no valve adjustment does not know what they're doing.
Appreciate 0