Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
I already told you the BMW performance brakes do not fit, you'd need custom brackets and even if you found a shop that could provide them I don't see why you'd want them seeing how it'd mess with the brake biase because they were never tested or meant for the Z4.

+1 on smaller profile tires, makes no sense. Go wider if anything for more grip but keep to stock height.
OK then, Performance brakes are officially off the list, as well as same size tires.

Capristo have not yet answered the email I sent. I understand that they might not have read it yet seeing as I sent it end of last week. I will update when/if they answer.

So lets look at the new mod bill then:

1. Air intake - Gruppe M (no PRi Scoop for now) - found a UK dealer, will get them for close to USD 1300. I have emailed Gruppe M directly but no answer yet. Vividracing sell them for USD 1100 excluding delivery, but they still have not answered on postage costs to Bulgaria.

2. Catalytic converters - I figure those will not go over USD 400. Will update when I decide on the make and get a final price.

3. Exhaust system - Still sticking with the SS Y-pipe and muffler. The SS bits will cost around USD 950-1000. Will talk to the guys over at Overdrive when I get the time to visit them to see if they can order a custom muffler from Akrapovic.

4. ECU - From what I've recently read in the forum I guess the AA re-mapping with cost around USD 1000 if they can do it for an European model. Still have to contact them to get a quote.

5. Front bumper - I did take a look at the suggested Aero kit. I absolutely hate the rear bumper. The skirts are nice, but the M front bumper looks a lot better than the Aero one. So will have to check on the Aero skirts price, but I reckon they will cost around USD 1000 at the most including the M front bumper.

6. Colour - I am still trying to decide between the original BMW Le Mans Blue (offered with the M sports package) and the Deep Sea Blue. In any case I don't expect this to cost more than USD 2500. The thing is, my dad and I have always driven Le Mans Blue BMWs and we love the colour and I am sort of a stickler for tradition .

7. Seats and door panels - Will definitely reupholster those with black or dark-ish blue leather. No idea on the cost YET, but for calculative purposes lets say that it probably will not cost more than USD 1500 (Even that seems a bit high).

8. Tires - Bridgestone Blizzaks - around USD 800 for all four. Michelin PS2s - around USD 1100 for all four.

9. Wheels - Not sure yet, but lets put it at USD 1500 for all four.

So:
1. Air Intake - USD 1300 (Worst case scenario);
2. Cats - USD 400;
3. Exhaust - USD 1000;
4. ECU - USD 1000;
5. Bumper - USD 1000;
6. Colour - USD 2500;
7. Seats - USD 1500;
8. Tires - USD 1900;
9. Wheels - USD 1500;

Total: USD 12 100;

See a little discussion could potentially save some money. Furthermore, I am certain that this number would go even lower since I am calculating supposed costs for some of the items which I will get a cost from the dealership.
Appreciate 0