antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax543210 View Post
No, but I would say it's possible because as I was driving today without the plug (and the cover above the pedals still removed) and I held my hand up against the hole. At highway speeds air pushes through the hole. After driving when the car is parked gobs of engine heat comes through that hole. And a leaf blower was able to blow lawn clippings into the cabin through that hole. So if your wheel arch plastic or your under carriage plastic covers let some water through then I can see water making its way through the hole, although it's probably not the cause of your leak.

Based on your description and looking at other posts in the forums, many cases of water intrusion in the footwell area that you described seem to come from the door. Although it can't hurt to remove a dozen screws and take a look above your pedals.
I've done quite a bit of search reading as well, and most say the door is the culprit................ either the bottom seal or the inner plastic seal behind the door panel thats held on by adhesive. It's weird that it's only in that one area though, and not spread ............. it's probably either from under the door (rubber seal) or running off the roof by the windshield pillar and dripping right on that same spot, another fairly common reported issue................... looks like a weekend project.

John
Appreciate 0