Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
There's not one because there's not a reason for one. Naturally aspirated vs. forced induction. When air is compressed, it gets hotter. All of the heat that was in a large volume is now in a small volume.

Forced induction engines run hotter by nature- turbos get red hot, air is compressed to a greater degree, etc. Aftermarket tunes increase the boost pressure and add more heat. This isn't the case on a naturally aspirated engine. There is a big difference in naturally aspirated and forced induction tunes.

Tire sizes - go to tirerack.com and read up on what the measurements mean. The difference between 225/40/18 and 225/35/18 is the amount of sidewall (and therefore the diameter). The wheel size is still 18".
Thanks, I will read up on the tires. There are still a few things I need to learn.

Just for peace of mind (my peace of mind) I will look into, at least, a more powerful fan to go with the chip tuning. Will update when I have more info on the matter. I reckon that I might not be the only person interested in this particular mod, so it might be helpful to someone in the future.
Appreciate 0