United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONAR View Post
http://www.nexternal.com/shared/Stor...t=products.asp

(click Z4 then trans mounts)

"Gen 2 now shipping

New mechanical retention system on all UUC isolated transmission mounts (red or black) and engine mounts. This design uses a bonded end plate plus an inner plate embedded in the urethane. This inner plate prevents separation of the mount assembly even under excessive force."

To me the wording reads, since the new ones are isolated, the old ones aren't?

Thanks for posting that! Now that I see it, I do remember coming across that when I did the research for this sticky and when bought the red poly version from UUC in April '11. So it's not new, it's been on their website since April/May of last year.

Were they bolt through in the past? IDK, could be. But for almost a year they've been isolated. The red poly purchased last April were (not that it helped with the NVH with the red poly).

What's on their website is inconsistent in terms of product descriptions in several places which doesn't make research any easier. Don't get me wrong, they make good products (the red poly were well made, just not good for my application), it's just the clarity and consistency of their website could be a tad better.

Last edited by Finnegan; 01-18-2012 at 01:58 AM..
Appreciate 0