Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
So, I know we're taking this WAAAAAAAY off tangent here. But I would like to make one more point.

Even if I was to "live life from stop light to stop light," I would still know that half the time the result of these street racing "pulls," if the cars are even remotely comparable, that it comes down to the driver. And if I need to go pick on every Hyundai Accent driver with my MZ4 Coupe, well, I might as well just go kick myself in the @ss IF that's what stokes my ego.

So really, what is the point? At the end of the day, you're still going to lose, even in drag racing, most of the time, to a guy that's more comfortable at launching his/her car and knows how to work the clutch to get the tires to hook up at maximum power as quickly as possible (or God forbid...Someone with an automatic because, frankly, they have their distinct advantages when it comes to launching from a stop)...If it's a car worth "challenging."

And if you can't pull away from a stock last gen VW Beetle (non-turbo) in your MZ4 Coupe, do you REALLY think that extra 100 HP is going to be the deciding factor?

C'mon.

Really, if that is elitist attitude...Well, what can I say. I can't help but look down upon people that don't know what to do with the power they have. No offense. And really, if 300+ HP isn't enough for you to tool around town? Honestly you haven't been using all 300+ HP wisely, in my opinion.

Having said all that.

I fully support those who put on turbo-chargers or super-chargers or add headers and intakes or whatever power mods on their MZ4 Coupe without the pretense that the car doesn't make enough power, even though it's not my cup of tea. I understand the URGE to mod for mod sake. Or the urge to tinker. Or the urge to extract the maximum amount of power your wallet will allow. Heck there's no denying that I get that urge at times (already exploring a tune for the Veloster Turbo). There are those that need power, not for power sake, but just to know they can do it.

But those that do, don't do it because 330HP at the crank is not enough. They do it because the lure for potential for speed is far too great.

That is all.
Agreed. This is the reason I started tinkering with the M54.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0