12-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #47
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
I'm pretty sure this guy wants to add power to go faster in a straight line, not to pass porsches on a racetrack. And there's nothing wrong with learning to do both. I personally enjoy autocross and 1/4mile drag racing equally in my car
Yep. Nothing wrong with either, or just a bit more punch/kick on the street! It's all about what you're looking for. (I'd have to admit though, fun dragging with S/C > fun w/o!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestheticstorm View Post
^ Yep. I totally agree with the fundamentals of driving skill on the track vs. pure HP. But these threads always end up at "Miatas passing Car X on the track" when the OP wasn't talking about that.
Agreed. Then again most threads eventually kind of meander off and get lost in the woods, which I often find entertaining. Not to make excuses, but the tone and direction around here is light years ahead of most other forums I've been exposed to (take a look around the Scoob forums for a comparison. The 335 and M3 boards weren't all the much different last time I dropped in to look there either.)

The OP did get a lot of solid input and options directly related to his core questions, so I guess I'm okay with a bit of trip into the forest as long as questions are addressed with solid and germane feedback/input. But I realize that's a personal preference not everyone will agree with (nor should they).

I hope we get to hear what he decides to do (sounds like axle-back may be on the top of the list), as the results/changes folks make are always interesting and worth learning something from.
Appreciate 0