03-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
VMZ432
Fast Everything
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Indeed!

VMZ432, thanks for sharing! Is that an APR wing I see on the back in the shadow? RPI exhaust?
Yeah, it's an APR wing, which I love! The exhaust (all stock except cans) is a KKS gated exhaust. It sounds close to stock when closed, but is decently loud when open (as it is in the vid of course).

Regarding the "near miss", I could have pulled it up quicker if I'd stayed hard on the brakes (like you're generally supposed to during a spin) but I could see I wasn't going to hit anything so I was more concerned with making the car end up in an easier spot to drive out of plus clear of any traffic. In retrospect, I should have just played it safe and got stopped as soon as possible.

The actual cause was a complete screw up of heel/toe finesse, so much so I had to lift my right foot and start again. This meant that I was braking way too hard through the corner, and the slicks just gave up all at once (as they do). On street tires things would have been a little different. I suspect there would have been more understeer for one, making the off a little safer in this case.

The funny thing was, right before this session I mentioned to someone in the pits it had been a long time since I'd had an off, like more than a year. How cliché....... what a stupid thing to say at the track! Just asking for trouble.

2006 IBlue BMW Z4 MC - ESS VT2-525 Supercharged, JRZ RS1 suspension (500#F, 600#R) with Vorshlag plates, ST Trophy BBK with CL R6E pads, KKS gated exhaust, TMS sway bars, RE rear camber arms, VT engine mounts, Recaro Pole Position (driver), APR GT wing, Street: Volk G2s and Potenza, Track: Volk TE37SLs and BFG R1s.

Last edited by VMZ432; 03-24-2013 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: Added pic
Appreciate 0