05-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waoudi View Post
Any chance you have a DIY? I have the mpow and it sucks! Does the hardware kit allow to connect to car power?
No DIY but no different than any hardwire DIY for our cars. Just get an add a fuse kit and hardwire kit like this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007O59Z7I..._Fj16AbPSVWDC5

Going off memory here:

1. Take the ash tray out (comes out with 1 screw, look on YouTube for Z4 audio upgrade DIY’s)

2. Once that’s out, I think you can reach inside and stuff the HK BTA underneath towards the right side, above the shifter

3. Take off lower trim panel underneath the hvac controls

4. Disconnect the aux piece from that trim panel and connect a 1/8” audio cable from the HK BTA to the aux port. You should be able to fish the aux cable easily down to the ash tray area.

5. Connect the hardwire kit to the HK BTA (micro usb) and run it down the passenger side of the trans tunnel, underneath the plastic trim.

6. Pull it out and run it up along the glove box. Then crimp the add a fuse to the wire ends of the hardwire kit.

7. Open glove box, access the fuse box and find the appropriate fuse (do quick search here to see what others did for a radar detector) and location for ground.