View Single Post
      11-14-2016, 10:39 AM   #435
Calichase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 s/c'd Z4MC '08 e82 '02 m3

So after running my 255/35 275/35 r888 set up on arc 8s in 18x9.5 et35, 18x10 et25 for a couple years, I want to run a squared set up to have the ability to rotate tires. Only problem is r888s are directional and would require remounting and balancing every time you want to rotate (not the biggest problem).

I would like to run the arc 8s 18x10 et25 front and rear wrapped in 275/35 r888s. I know the rears work, and I have tried to run the rears on the front before and with my current set up (very low on coilovers and camber plates, with neutral toe, -3.3 camber each side front and rear with front and rear fender liners and lips trimmed leaving 1/8" for strength). The fronts rubbed with the fender lip up top under heavy bumps and suspension compression (can fix by raising the car atleast 1/4, maybe 3/8-1/2", don't want to stiffen coilovers much more) but also appeared to rub on the fender liners in front and behind the tire at max lock. This would say the tire is too tall, but there is no smaller aspect ratio 275 tire for 18" Diameter. Maybe a small 3mm spacer would kick the tire out enough not to rub? I prefer my set ups to be aggressive with little rubbing on the street and some on the track. Honestly rubbing doesn't bother me on track as long as it's a relatively short time period and minimal contact area. But rubbing in a parking lot would result in heavy damage during higher speed, higher forcing situations on a track.

I recently wore out my front after an absurd amount of time 11k miles and 11 track days) and just replaced my rears in the spring (2k miles and 5 track days on them with little wear) therefore I would prefer to keep running the 275s I currently have (probably flipped sides to even any wear I may not be noticing) and pick up another pair for the front.

I recently built an s2000 and managed to stuff 17x10s all around with 255s. I rolled and even mildly pulled the fenders. Has anyone done any minor fender work on the z4m?
Appreciate 0