View Single Post
      09-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster

And this is why I don't change my own oil.

Tried removing that plastic piece around the SOS button, and wound up (gently) marring up some of the leather around that piece trying to get it out. That thing feels like there are some pins or something holding it in place that I just couldn't pry out - or at least I felt I would break the plastic ring piece before it popped out. Then I decided to try and put a screwdriver down in the hole, but first wrapped the end of the screwdriver in duct tape to make it sticky. While fishing around in there I wound up knocking off the little metal clip that controls the bulb inside that hatch area. So now the light stays on in there and I can't turn it off. Tried pulling the fuse, but it also controls the courtesy lights near the rearview mirror. Looks like I'm going to just have to let it burn out on its own (???), although I'm sure it will also drain the battery so I'll need to jump that at some point.

I'm so tired of dealing with this thing that I decided to leave the darn garage door opener in the black hole. I found a spare and synced it up with HomeLink built into the mirror (gosh, wish I had done that FIRST!)

Good news is that every year or two I need some screwed up task to remind me that I am NOT very handy. And this was that annual reminder. Fortunately a relatively cheap reminder.
Appreciate 0