View Single Post
      07-31-2014, 11:10 AM   #65
Kimolaoha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG Z4 View Post
The video is pretty spot on. I don't recall any plastic rivet. You don't have to remove any housings etc., just the bottom filter cover. I have a '04 2.5i so it might be different on yours. When I first got my car, last month, I wanted to check this filter (along with many other things). The filter was quite dirty so I took it out and put everything back together without the filter. Since I was in a learning mode this whole process took about 20 miins. When my new filter arrived and since this was my second time around it took about 15 mins to put in the new filter. Here again this might be different on your car but mine was not that difficult. I'd say the biggest issue (if you call it that) was lining the screws up with the holes when you're re-installing the bottom panel. My guess is that in the M series this process is be completely different.
Thanks for this info.
My E85 is not an M, but it is a 2008, so there may be some variances.
I'll post again after I crawl out from under the dash this weekend.

For reference, I purchased the Mann CUK2339 charcoal filter from ECS Tuning for about $20.
Mann also provides instructions (appended below), but steps 5-8 are not so clear to me . . . maybe that's the rivet.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW E85 Z4 Cabin Air Filter.pdf (269.9 KB, 126 views)
Theirs #1:....2008 (e85) Z4 3.0si, Jet Black
Theirs #2:....1992 (e31) 850i, Jet Black
Appreciate 0