10-14-2014, 02:03 AM   #1210
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
my 7.5 psi in 5th is without slippage and is I believe due to me being completely catless with very high flowing headers . I'm mainly having issues with bad skip in 1,2,3 prob exacerbated by the speed which my car rips through those gears with 4:10's . I'm not getting out of the 5's in those gears .
The boost number that you see on your boost gauge is not actually a true representation of the actual boost that the engine is inhaling.

ESS designed this kit with 9 psi on 525 and stock everything with euro headers, this means in their setup 9 psi are not being inhaled in the head.
If your head is flowing a little better this number will drop.
If you install a US header for example with everything else stock and 525 kit you will read 9.5-10-10.5 boost.

Another factor that affects the boost reading is engine load, the more the engine is loaded, the more boost you will see on your gauge since the engine is not capable of swallowing that much boost. in your case, since you have a mechanical advantage 4.10 gears, the engine load will be slightly less in 5th gear and will therefore swallow more boost.

7.5 psi on 8000 RPM is not a bad number for this kit trust me.

If you have time, remove all your pulleys and have a machine shop make exact copies of them except with adding 2 ribs on CAD. It shouldn't be very hard.

I was contemplating drawing these in software and 3D printing them with titanium in some shop, won't cost a lot.
Appreciate 0