View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Solved it!

Good tip elerner61...I guess this teaches us never to believe the info provided...

The programming card that was in with the manual when I got the car said the pk was 0042. Why would that be wrong??? I took elerner61's advice and got in behind tonight, though didn't feel like taking the battery out to get the carpet all the way up (this was WAY easier on the 3.0i with the battery down below). I would have had to get the carpet all the way up to get at the top bolt on the bluetooth module bracket so I just took off the two lower ones and was able to move the housing out enough to get a mirror and light behind. What did I find??? pk:0304. Bastards........

I knew something was fishy when I went to loosen the two plastic "bolts" that hold the left side of the back carpet together with the side piece and found them missing. Someone has been back there before!

Anyway, all works fine now. Coincedentally, this pk code is the same as my 3.0i's was. I wonder if there is a limited number of pk's that they use.
Appreciate 0