View Single Post
      05-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

I have the interior out of my car to do a color change so trial fitting the pod was easier.
I would prefer to mount the pod from the backside of the console as IMHO it looks better and more integrated. It will involve tweaking the little aluminum tabs supplied with the pod though.
A word of warning though......I went ahead and ordered the "Speedhut" gauges because of the customizability of them and find out that the gauge pod is designed to accept a style of gauge with 2 "threaded pins" protruding out the back of the gauge as opposed to the speedhut gauges having the threaded collet.
I did solve this issue by trimming off the "bridges" at the back of each gauge hole and securing the gauges with a push on tapered plastic pipe cap
.A dab of silicone will hold the cap from backing off and will still allow for easy removal if service is required.

One question ........where in the exhaust stream would I tap in the O2 sensor for the AFR gauge?

Thanks
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
This being my first gauge install, I've tinkered with it for the past two days. It's been somewhat of a nightmare, in that every single piece has had multiple issues. Fast forward many hours, and I'm all ready to put the pod in... and it won't fit. Comparing the back of my pod to my old ash tray, I found them to be entirely different. I can see the pod possibly fitting under the trim pieces. I was told when I purchased the pod that removing the center console trim wasn't necessary. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Steeler; 12-27-2013 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0