08-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #24
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
If you really think you will get serious about tracking, I'd say just track your car in its current state + camber plates and street tires that will deal with temperatures better. That will address your tire wear problem (and understeer issues that are inherent in the stock setup). When you swap tires, go for less stagger to the extent that your rims will allow. Or get new rims + street tires as you can sell them easily when the time comes.

After another 15-20 track days, if you still think you are really hooked and motivated, buy a properly built track/race car with a full cage and get a trailer. They can be had for cheap these days as people are literally dumping their track toys for cash. That is assuming you have a tow vehicle and parking space.

The territory in between is ever illusive. There is no such thing as a streetable track weapon IMO, and you'll just be constantly frustrated with trying to make your nice Z4M a track car. There will always be the next thing you wish the car had that will make it even less streetable.

My 2 cents...
Sound advice. I will take that route.
Appreciate 0