View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Spring Detail - Day 1 + Nanoskin Autoscrub review

Decided to get started on my spring detailing today. First up was my new foam cannon and pressure washer. Awesome! Did a foam coat, let it sit and run for 5 minutes then rinsed off, foamed again and washed lightly with my wash kit before final rinse. Check out the awesome foam coverage...

After body and wheel rinse, I brought out the Raggtopp cleaner then after that was done and the whole car was dried, I used Raggtopp sealer for the soft top.

Next up was another new addition to the tool chest...the Nanoskin Autoscrub. Since buying the car in Nov, I have not had the chance to clay my car and it did have a lot of rail dust and other surface contaminants. For those who don't clay or have never, after your next wash, put a plastic bag over your hand and rub it over your paint. You will feel all the little bumps...rail dust and other gunk embedded in your paint. Until now you had one choice, claying your car which is what I have always done.

Saw something over the winter called Nanoskin Autoscrub and bought the 6inch diameter hook and loop pad for my DA polisher. I followed advice that I had read and started with it on my windshield to break it in and then moved on to the paint. This disk is a polymer based pad that is VERY fine and designed to replace claying. I spent a couple hours using the pad (with the Rickard's clay lube...didn't use the Nanoskin lube) and my gosh, what a different. Unbelievable really. I will never clay again! Paint is now smooth as a baby's bottom!

Tomorrow I start with swirl removal then on to polish, sealer, then eventually some new DodoJuice wax I picked up as well.

Last edited by mike519; 03-29-2013 at 10:31 PM..
Appreciate 0