11-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #1133
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
great tips thanks!
I patched it up with rubber tape and a clamp. hope its not a high pressure area. Will see how much those parts cost to replace, and next time make a bracket to push them away from the wheel liner
Be sure that it doesnt turn into a leak that drops the oil pressure.

No oil pressure=almost instant engine seize when under load.
(but then there is a considerable leak, or you could run out of oil of course. Small leaks can turn into bigger leaks because the oil is pressurized)

If the lines are expensive (of course they are....) you could try to weld them or braze them (both require an experienced welder), or you could put in a pipe fitting (clamp type). New lines is the best solution of course.

It is the high pressure area because they are the outlet at the filter housing and the filter is the first thing in line after the oil pump (at least: that's the normal way in an engine).
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0