View Single Post
      11-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #22
Bossdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR Imola Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by [U
Daemonblitz[/U];18937682]I honestly did not expect this much negative feedback on this project. It is still in the early stages, I have yet to even see if the rotor itself will bolt up without coming too close to the spindle, which I wont be able to test until the car is out of storage. In hindsight, I probably should have just waited until it was done or not posted about it at all.

Bossdog, yes it is not a straight forward plug and play mod, and the end purpose is for tracking.
I can see your concern about retrofitting a BBK not designed for this car, but I would not call it an untested braking system, the calipers are Brembo 4 pot and 2 pot. It is however a BBK that was made for a larger, heavier car.

In regards to safety, this is not something that I am doing on my own in my garage during my spare time, it will be a custom job that will be done by professionals. I do not intend to put anyone's safety in jeopardy. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate crash, but the whole point of retrofitting this properly is to ensure that the car is not "ill prepared".
Daemonblitz,
Best of Luck, I'm sure you will learn much. We all love to watch from the cheap seats when someone on the community tries something new
Appreciate 0