Daemonblitz
Commander
Rep
Drives: Z4MC/M5/640iX/M1000RR

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [9.50]
2006 Z4M Coupe  [8.77]
2010 BMW S1000RR  [10.00]
I honestly did not expect this much negative feedback on this project. It is still in the early stages, I have yet to even see if the rotor itself will bolt up without coming too close to the spindle, which I wont be able to test until the car is out of storage. In hindsight, I probably should have just waited until it was done or not posted about it at all.

Bossdog, yes it is not a straight forward plug and play mod, and the end purpose is for tracking.
I can see your concern about retrofitting a BBK not designed for this car, but I would not call it an untested braking system, the calipers are Brembo 4 pot and 2 pot. It is however a BBK that was made for a larger, heavier car.

In regards to safety, this is not something that I am doing on my own in my garage during my spare time, it will be a custom job that will be done by professionals. I do not intend to put anyone's safety in jeopardy. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate crash, but the whole point of retrofitting this properly is to ensure that the car is not "ill prepared".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdog View Post
It seems this is vary complicated ( moving away from stock Brakes to brakes not intended for your vehicle). Second, if your looking to improve braking, I would assume you will be tracking (otherwise why would you want to upgrade brakes?)

Therefore, IMHO, it seems insane (to me) to put your safety and the safety of others in jeopardy using a untested braking system not designed for your vehicle because you can purchase it for a "Crazy" price ( if your not an expert in this area). To what end? Knocking off a fraction of a second per lap??

This comes from a guy (Me) who had a cobalt SS with an ill-prepared braking system crash into my 4 month-old 2012 Boss 302.I If your looking to increase braking performance, IMO, this is not the place to cut corners and save money.

Just my 2¢
K66 ///M1000RR - Competition
Appreciate 0