View Single Post
      11-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #14
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
The ratio of master cylinder area to slave cylinder area is only calculated PER CLAMPING SIDE, because the pistons are hosed in parallel. The two sides of the piston does not share the same pressure hose, it gets split inside the caliper housing so the same pressure gets supplied each to each side of the caliper.
So what are you saying? that the pressure is divided in 2?
that is not the proper physics explanation.

Quote:
And if those same people who track their E46 M/Z4 M with 135i calipers tell you they'd prefer the 135i caliper to say, a properly engineered AP Racing, StopTECH, Brembo, or any other reputable brake vendor that supplies a properly ratio'ed caliper set, they'd be lying.
I editted my post and showed that the AP BBK is equally ratio'ed to the 135i caliper... You can loop up the piston sizes on the ap website for the 5570/5575 caliper.
So your theory is flawed as you just said that the AP racing set is properly engineered/ratio'ed

Quote:
The internal seals are poorly designed and it's a terrible choice for track applications.
It's only the outer seals that may or may not melt on heavy track use. They are easily swapped for silicone ones... problem solved.
They come stock with epdm(nbr?) seals because that is much more durable and less prone to tear. That is the seal material you'd want for street wear&dirt
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0