03-25-2015, 08:06 AM   #25
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4msteve View Post
I don't know of anyone that's been able to get a z4m o2 ready tune actually working. I've seen several vendors try but none have been successful that I'm aware of.
I agree. Everything I have read seems to make getting rid of the CEL as the cure to the problem but not really the bigger problem of it just turning out the light.

I thought the reason the U.S. headers had to have the cat in them was so the cats would heat up quickly. I believe all tests in the U.S. for smog tests (not at manufacture level) can with already hot cars. Is there a reason the correct cat in section 1, with the O2's after it, won't pass?

Will the Euro cat's (none in the header) pass all tests (no CEL, sniffer, etc)? If so I would expect aftermarket could build the same part for much less money.

Will the standard DKF - 400 (not the CA version that is estimated to be roughly $200 more) then be 49 state legal? I don't have any issues where I live but don't plan on owning the car forever and would like a system on the car that I can sell to someone else and not have to explain that it won't work in some states and that there is a tune removing the CEL.