View Single Post
      03-24-2015, 10:53 PM   #24
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post
Nope. Such tune does not exist. Get's rid of CEL, but still doesn't display the sensors as "ready." What I would do in your case is sell the cat and get 400 cell ones to pass the OBD test and pay the guy to pass for sniffer. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to take out the exhaust, get new gaskets/nuts, and swap it back once every two years. However I've heard places not even doing sniffer at all for car years 2000+ so keep an eye out.
Or just swap ECU's with a stock ///M so the computer thinks it's YOU that passed the smog test. Don't listen to me I'm just bored at work.
Well if you are paying for a "pass" - you don't need to worry about sniffer OBD2, etc. I "passed" smog with failed emissions and a P0420 code (i.e. OBD2 failure also). Not to mention visual for the stickler (airbox/mufflers). However, it is not something I plan to repeat. Having to put all my trust and money into the integrity of a shady smog guy is iffy at best, as well as pricy. I'll eat the few bucks for a gasket or 2 and some bolts and a day spent swapping parts next time.

I just want to get rid of my check engine light if I can, but no big deal. I ran with one on my RSX for over 5 years, so it doesn't bother me that much. I may go ahead and swap the resonators in place of the cats, since I'm going to have a code anyway.
Appreciate 0